Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Coast to Coast, and it hasn't even started


Yooooooooooo kids,

So this one will be short, cos I need to wake up early tomorrow morning to catch my flight to LA.

I just returned from the trip to Seattle, and the drive that followed across the states to Pittsburgh. We went through Western Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois (Chicago!!), Indiana, Ohio, and of course Pennsylvania. With the exception of Chicago and Mt Rushmore, we didnt make many stops and there was a whole lot of nothing on I-90.

Highlights of the trip include...
Very hot very tall women in Seattle.
Good microbrews in Seattle.
Rednecksville USA in Wyoming... it wasnt that bad, we didnt get lynched.
Mt rushmore is totally righteous, too bad its in the middle of nowhere.
Couchsurfed at Odin's in Chicago, which was awesome.
Odins roommate, Andy, was awesome and extremely nice to us. Showed us round chicago and the mexican hood.
Chicago in general is an awesome city, the pizza is overrated but still awesome.

and the best part, I was at the Art Institue in Chicago and this dude who looked pretty gay and in his mid 30's said this to me, word for word, out of the blue, no bs,

"I'm not trying to embarrass you or anything, but I think you are as interestingly beautiful as the paintings themselves"
One awesome compliment. If I swung that way, it wouldve done it for me.

Well that was the jist of it, more stories with more detail when you guys see me again, especially all the dirty ones.

Tomorrow is LA, gonna hang with some family and friends, and then Thursday were off to NZ. IF any of you guys want some post cards, facebook your addresses to me. I'll try to send em out, but fyi, my track record for sending out post cards while abroad is pretty bad.

Peace out for now.

1 comments:

Adam said...

yo! that guy in the museum...what can I say? gay men love you.

Post a Comment